Fort Rutledge Marker
Erected in 1908 this marker notes a site near where Patriots erected Fort Rutledge. A site where in 1776 a battle between American forces led by General Andrew Williamson and the Cherokees who were supporters of the British took place. The exact location of Ft. Rutledge is unknown.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Battle Of Seneca Town / Fort Rutledge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Asbury F. Lever (approx. 0.7 miles away); Calhoun Plantation Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); William Maxwell Poe Plaza (approx. 0.8 miles away); Howard's Rock (approx. 0.8 miles away); Memorial Park / The Scroll of Honor (approx. 0.9 miles away); Fort Hill (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Hill (approx. 0.9 miles away); Site of the First Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Clemson Agricultural College (approx. 0.9 miles away); Fort Hill Plantation Office (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Clemson.
- End of Dyke Road, 50 yards into woods
Clemson Univeristy Campus
Clemson, SC 29634
- (864) 656-4789
- » Visit Website